How to switch a CFW type
In this post I will be talking about switching the firmware of your jailbroken ps3. I recommend to switch to Rebug D-rex or Rex depeding on if you are curently on a CEX or a DEX. You can use D-rex if you are on DEX and you can use Rex if you are on a CEX. Because I reccomend to be on a DEX I will be making another post on how to switch from a CEX to a DEX.
Before we begin remember you can use this method with any CFW type. You don’t have to use Rebug if you don’t want to I just recomment it. also make sure you have a USB.
- download your new firmware if you want REBUG (what I reccomend is REBUG 4.70) you can download it from: here
- make a folder on your USB and name it PS3. Inside the folder PS3 make another folder and call it UPDATE. place your CFW file in this folder.
- Rename your CFW file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- now you can remove your USB form your pc and plug it in to the USb slot of yout playstation.
- on your playstation go to settings. From settings click “System Update” and press “Update via Storage Media” and pres the file
That’s it! It is pretty easy. If you have any question’s just leave a comment or contact me in anyother way